We have never met before, ________ we?
a) have not b) have c) are d) do not
2. They have two ___________.
a) children b) child c) childs d) childrens
3. There are a lot of alligators in _______ Nile.
a) a b) an c) — d) the
4. _______ too much sugar in the tea. I can’t drink it.
a) There is b) There are c) There were d) There was
5. I want those books. Please, give _______ to me.
a) they b) them c) those d) these
6. Do you know __________ here?
a) some b) any c) somebody d) anybody
7. Why _____ you absent yesterday?
a) did b) were c) was d) are
8. Our baby ______ walk in a few weeks.
a) can b) will be able to c) have to d) may
9. This way is _______ than the other.
a) safe b) safer c) more safe d) safest
10. How much money do you spend _____ food each month?
a) at b) on c) for d) to
11. He will translate the text if he _________ a dictionary.
a) has b) will have c) have d) has had
12. The TV broke down when we _________ the news.
a) watched b) was watching c) were watching d) are watching
13. They ______ each other since 1992.
a) know b) knew c) had known d) have known
14. I _______ for you for half an hour.
a) am waiting b) have been waiting c) wait d) waited
15. Ann told her friend that she_________ the competition.
a) won b) had won c) win d) has won
16. Excuse me, I ___________ for a telephone box. Is there one near here?
a) look b) looks c) looking d) am looking
17. In 1996 when I lived in Moscow I ________________ at a bank.
a) was working b) work c) working d) have worked
18. She can’t take part in this competition. She ________ her leg.
a) breaks b) broke c) has broken d) broken
19. Tom hurt his hand when he ____________ dinner.
a) cooked b) was cooking c) cooked d) has cooked
20. That bag looks heavy. I ________ you with it.
a) will help b) help c) helping d) helped
21. We_________ football with «Spartak» on Saturday last week.
a) plat b) have played c) were playing d) played
22. I usually ________ home from Lyceum at 5 o’clock.
a) coming b) am coming c) have come d) come
23. If he _________ busy I’ll invite him to the party.
a) is not b) is c) will not be d) were not
24. We found that she_________ home at 8 o’clock every morning.
a) leaves b) left c) had left d) has left
25. We _______ dinner until Jack ____________.
a) will not start … arrives b) do not start … will arrive c) not start … arrives d) will not start … will arrive
26. Tom asked Jane where __________ on holiday.
a) will she go b) she goes c) would she go d) she would go
27. Many children in Britain_________ wear uniform when they go to school.
a) can b) are able c) must d) had to
28. I _______ late for the first lecture yesterday.
a) am b) will be c) was d) were
29. ___________ some information about this film.
a) There’s b) There’re c) They’re d) It’s
30. If __________ ring the doorbell don’t let them in.
a) everybody b) anybody c) nobody d) everything
31. She is a very quiet person. She doesn’t speak ___________.
a) many b) little c) much d) few
32. I have got ________ money and we can go shopping.
a) many b) few c) much d) little
33. Nick has a __________ handwriting than you.
a) well b) better c) much d) good
34. After many years away he arrived back___________ England a month ago.
a) in b) at c) on d) —
35. This morning I had _________ boiled eggs for ______ breakfast.
a) the … the b) — … — c) a … the d) — … the
35 bought , the