Прочитать текст и ответить на вопросы (БЕЗ ПЕРЕВОДА!!!!!!!!!!)
1. Where does Jack come from?
2. Why is Jack sad?
3. What does he want to achieve?
4. Why does Jack call himself a loser?
5. What does Emily think is important to be successful?
6. What does Jack think is important to be successful?
Misha: That song about «celluloid heroes» is actually very sad, Jack.
Jack: You’re right. Hollywood Boulevard always makes me sad.
Rob: But why?
Jack: It reminds me that all my dreams are unrealistic, and I’ll never
Rob: And what would you like to achieve?
Jack: Oh. it’s a typical Hollywood story. Two years ago I left my parents’ little farm in
Texas and came to LA. In my home town everybody said that I was good-looking and good
at acting. When I came to LA, I was full of ambition. I was sure that very soon somebody
would notice me and give me a part in a movie. But nothing happened. I’ve been working
as a tour guide for two years now, and nobody has asked me to be in a movie yet.
So here I am, a typical Hollywood loser.
Emily: Oh, don’t give up so easily, Jack. Hard work and a bit of talent are the only things that matter.
And, of course, you have to believe in yourself.
Jack: Yes, I used to think so too, but in fact what you need are good
connections and a lot of luck.
Mark: But think about people like Walt Disney, Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone, Sean Connery or
Jack Nicholson. They had no connections, but they became legends.
Jack: They are the lucky exceptions. And besides, they were still quite young when they were discovered.
I’m already twenty-five, and nowadays stars start their careers very early. Take Macaulay Culkin, for example.
Mark: You’re not quite right, Jack. An early start doesn’t guarantee success. Macaulay Culkin
was a very promising child actor when he was in «Home Alone», but now that he’s grown up,
he doesn’t get any more roles.
Jack: You may be right, but I should probably think of another career. I can’t work as a tour guide all my life.
- 1. Where does Jack come from? He comes from Texas.
2. Why is Jack sad? He thinks he will never achieve anything.
3. What does he want to achieve? He wants to be in a movie.
4. Why does Jack call himself a loser? Because nobody has asked him to be in a movie yet.
5. What does Emily think is important to be successful? It is hard work and a bit of talent.
6. What does Jack think is important to be successful? Good connections and a lot of luck.