2. When the phone rang, I… dinner.
a) cook, b) was cooking, c) had been cooking, d) have
3. He usually had dinner at 4 p.m., … ?
a) had he, b) hadn’t he, c) did he, d) didn’t he.
4. He works … and makes good progress.
a) hard, b) hardly, c) good, d) badly.
5. He reminds me … someone I knew in the army.
a) of, b) to, c) from, d) about.
6. Mary is here. Where are … ?
a) other, b) others, c) the others, d) another.
7. What … bad weather we are having today!
a) the, b) a, c) an, d) — .
8. Did you read … English books at school?
a) some, b) many, c) much, d) none.
9. I want to know what …,
a) are you doing, b) were you doing, c) will you do,
d) you are doing.
10. I’ve made … mistakes now than I made last time.
a) few, b) a few, c) fewer, d) less.
11. Can … of you help me?
a) some, b) any, c) somebody, d) anybody.
12. This translation is twice as ….
a) easy, b) easier, c) the easiest, d) much easier.
13. We … two compositions this month.
a) write, b) wrote, c) were writing, d) have written.
14. I had a feeling that somebody … there before.
a) is, b) was, c) has been, d) had been.
15. She won’t see him … he phones her.
a) except, b) after, c) unless, d) because.
16. … only one theatre and two cinemas in this city
ten years ago.
a) there is, b) there was, c) there are, d) there
17. My watch….
a) stops, b) has stopped, c) have stopped, d) stop.
18. Do you know when he … ?
a) comes, b) will come, c) shall come, d) come.
19. I don’t have any pets. Neither ….
a) she does, b) does she, c) is she, d) does she have.
20. His parents didn’t let
him … TV late.
a) to watch, b) watch, c) watching, d) watched.
8.a, но не уверена)